Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wow

Wow! That was simple.

I have been trying for the longest time to translate my love of baking into a business, and it is finally starting to work!

My first memory of baking is when I was nine years old and my mom had me knealing on the kithchen floor kneading a traditional Easter bread. We had visitors over that day, and they were commenting on the "abuse" my mother was inflicting on me. I however, LOVED it. Memories of me baking alongside my mom are plentiful, and now, being a mom myself, I wanted to impart some of those happy memories on my daugters as well.

I know that this story has been told numerous times before, but it really is true for me as well. Once I had kids, I wanted to make spectacular cakes, cookies and all things sweet for them and for their friends. I started playing around with recipes and new ingredients, and soon people were telling me that I could transform my love of baking into a career. So I started Irresistible Desserts over a year ago. So far, my baking has primarily been limited to friends and family in an effort to hone my skills, and create a portfolio. I have been spending quite a lot of time on-line and just love what I see as far as blogs go, so I just created my own blog. Cakes and talking...I'm in heaven.

I am SO excited to be able to do what I love...Can you tell???

No comments: